Saturday, June 14, 2008

Literary Crack: Sellavision

I just found out about this book, Sellevision, which is all about the behind-the-scenes drama at a fictitious home shopping channel--similar to ... oh, I dunno ... maybe QVC or HSN, perhaps??? It came out in 2000, and how I haven't heard about it until now is beyond me.

It starts off with a popular male host getting canned for accidentally exposing his bits and pieces during a robe segment. Ok, I'm hooked. There's all sorts of hairy earlobe drama, peddling of Princess Di memorabilia *cough*shopnbc*cough* and, of course, the Dazzling Diamonelle (Hah! Fake diamonds ... I love it!).

Sellevision is the first novel by Augusten Burroughs, famous for Running with Scissors. Anyway, I will be buying and reading Sellevision. It looks to be the perfect literary crack Summer beach read.

1 comment:

  1. I read this book a few years ago and thought it was raelly funny! you'll love it. Especially the hairy earlobes.

    ReplyDelete

If your forbidden love is home shopping and you love all the latest dirt, then come on in ... Queen Bea is holding court!

You can also email me at homeshoppingqueen@gmail.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails

SEARCH THIS BLOG

Loading