Here is a list of the Top Ten Keywords used to find Queen Bea for 2008 ...
10) Kelly Repassy - The redheaded former plus-size model and recently-ousted HSN host.
9) The Jewelry Chanel - This struggling home shopping channel that was going out of business most of the year, only to reinvent itself into The Liquidation Channel.
8) Davinia Palmer - This little British cutie burned bright as a QVC host, but her time was short.
7) Pat James-Demetri (and her ex, Vince) - Poor Pat has had a rough year thanks to her no-good ex-husband, Vince.
6) Paul Deasy - Another former HSN and QVC host who, along with his wife, Judy Crowell, is trying to make a return to the home shopping arena in a new way.
5) Me! - Some of you got here by actually looking for Queen Bea on purpose ... golf claps ...
4) Bob Bowersox - After 22 years with the Q, Bob was shown the door right before Christmas and made a huge leap into the top five. (The crazy looking picture is from the set of a movie he was in. I just thought it was funny!)
3) Patti Reilly - Patti, Patti, Patti ... she's leaving! she's not! she's leaving! she's not! I swear, the speculation will never end. In the very least, she has certainly dropped to part-time. I still say she's leaving.
2) Models Prefer and its founder, Stacey Schieffelin - Stacy was in the middle of a nasty lawsuit with QVC that led to a complete reinvention of the Models Prefer brand into ybf and a switch to HSN (all while keeping that famous eyebrow pencil and patented hair roller makeup-less face shtick in tact)
And number 1 for 2008 is ... drum roll please ...
1) Dave King!!!
Here today, gone tomorrow. This well-loved host just disappeared without a word from QVC--not even a Bob Bowersox-style hostage video. I guess they just figured no one would notice??? In any case, he had many fans who missed him and didn't appreciate the treatment he got.
Here's a great video of Dave, great host and an all-around stand up kind of guy:
You can also check him out in his new job as a consumer electronics expert here.