Saturday, March 28, 2009

Is HSN Dropping Kim Parrish?


I'm starting to get worried about Kim Parrish, former QVC host and current clothing designer.

Why? Well, I'm seeing signs in the stars that have me concerned.

First, take a quick look at the Kim Parrish Collection page on HSN. I see less than thirty items, most of which are on clearance.

But, I thought maybe, just maybe, HSN hasn't gotten around to uploading Kim's new items. So I check the schedule. According to Kim's website, she is scheduled to be on April 15th & May 5th (that's good, right?) ... at 4am (oh no! that's not so good).

But this could all be coincidence and I could just be over-thinking the situation. But then I remembered, just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean they aren't out to get you!

That's when I found this recently posted Kim Parrish demo reel complete with full bio:




So is she on her way out the door? Are her clothes too normal for HSN? Does she need to add more Bedazzled gold lame Spandex with fuchsia leopard print accents? Check out this post to see the look HSN is shooting for these days.

4 comments:

  1. Hey QB....I've learned never to underestimate your wisdom and insight BUT...just maybe you're reading too much into this.

    Earlier this month I did a profile on KP for my blog (which I'll shamelessly plug here)

    http://uselesstriviaandmindlessrants.blogspot.com/2009/03/making-difference-kim-parrish.html

    The profile is part of a series on people in the public eye who make a difference with charitable works (Derek Jeter and Warrick Dunn are a couple of the others). Kim has alot of irons in the fire. Her line will be debuting on QVC UK in late spring, on the SHOPPING CHANNEL in Canada in the fall, she has her work with the Miss America Organization (Miss America's Outstanding Teen), and (from what I've seen in a GOOGLE search) is apparently co-authoring a children's book. Also, she does make appearances on local TV in the Tampa area, and has a few infomercials being aired. She's also involved in local fundraising for The Children's Miracle Network.

    I think the host reel is part of a "bigger picture"- in preparation for her introduction to the UK and to Canada, possibly to answer the question "Kim who?".

    As far as why HSN has yet to upload any new items for April 15th (as of yet)....who knows? Some of their decisions as of late have been questionable to say the least. And maybe that 4am time frame is the only one set in stone, and more will follow.

    Just one more thing in closing...I checked the stats for my blog for the past week and the past month. 50% of all hits have been for the Kim Parrish article, the women's basketball and NCAA Tournaments are a distant second with a readership percentage in the mid-teens. The inclusion of the one article about KP and MAOT has taken my blog's GOOGLE page rank from obscurity to (near) respectability.

    So if anyone from HSN is reading this....there is considerable interest in this woman, her activities, and her clothing line. Maybe in the midst of a series of costly blunders at HSN, someone with authority can stick their finger in the air and see which way the wind blows.

    But...as Dennis Miller used to say.....I could be wrong.

    PS...I'm linking this post....have a good weekend, QB.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a working host (not in the Home Shopping Industry), I ALWAYS have my reel posted on YouTube. It is just a marketing material.....not a sign that you are about to be unemployed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. While I find her pleasant, and seemingly very responsive to her customers, not once item of her line ever enticed me to make a purchase. While I'm not in the market for leopard harem pants (well, maybe one day!), Kim's items just seem rather bland. Bland I can find at Ross or Marshall's for less moolah and no shipping. But I wish her well, whatever the future may hold.

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is an amazing designer, her products are always top quality, the prices are great fort he quality she offers.

    ReplyDelete

If your forbidden love is home shopping and you love all the latest dirt, then come on in ... Queen Bea is holding court!

You can also email me at homeshoppingqueen@gmail.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails

SEARCH THIS BLOG

Loading