Thursday, February 12, 2009

Facebook Shmacebook


After getting harassed and teased and called names on the playground, Queen Bea has finally joined Facebook.

I've been told that I will soon become addicted and spend all my free time doing ... well ... I don't know exactly ... mindless, unproductive Facebook kinda stuff, I suppose. If there's a group you think I should join or something that you think I'd like, just let me know. I need to hurry up and turn my brain to a big steaming pile of Facebook mush.

Anyway, I'd love for you to join me. I'm keeping my profile on the down low with a fake version of my fake name: Bea Queenston. Facebook didn't seem to like the name Queen Bea. Whatev!

http://www.facebook.com/people/Bea-Queenston/1420405970

And please don't take offense if I don't respond immediately to a message or ignore you in some way. I'm still trying to set everything up and learn my way around. You know, the usual stuff--do I have time to go to my locker between second and third period? Who can I sit next to in the cafeteria that's not a total dweeb? Can I just keep all my clothes on for the shower after gym class?

ETA:

Now that I've had a chance to play around with Facebook for a few hours, I have a few random thoughts.

-- How and why do you Poke someone? Do I need some sort of prophylactic first? And for the love of all that's holy, what is a Super Poke and why does it involve sheep?

-- The quizzes are fun and addicting!

-- I was very excited to find out that I could update my Twitter with my Facebook and vice versa. They're like Wonder Twin powers activate! Although I'm pretty sure I'm going to screw it up somehow.

-- I am having so much fun snooping around in all my new friends' Facebook pages. It's like peeking in a neighbor's windows and getting to see how they really live. I'm such a nosey neighbor Gladys Kravitz from Bewitched!

-- And why do I feel all nervous and clammy just thinking about asking to be someone's friend? What am I, 13 again? This is ridiculous! What's the worst that can happen?

-- Speaking of invites. If you've emailed me in the past, you automatically got an invite from Facebook. I wasn't trying to exclude anyone.

1 comment:

  1. as i've said, before -- s'bout time!! LOL i know you're having fun on thebook. if i haven't explained it yet, a poke is absolutely nothing at all, that's what it's so fabulous. just a small way to show you're friends that you're thinkin' about 'em w/out posting to their wall......and i *heart* the superpokes! i've thrown a thong at, made chicken soup for, chest bumped, gone camping with and rocked the granny panties with my friends! LOL (check it out to see what i mean....)

    welcome to thebook, QB!

    tara, aka moonkween

    ReplyDelete

If your forbidden love is home shopping and you love all the latest dirt, then come on in ... Queen Bea is holding court!

You can also email me at homeshoppingqueen@gmail.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails

SEARCH THIS BLOG

Loading